Saturday, August 6, 2011

King's fort, once upon a time.


STORY BEHIND THE PICTURE
The room was very dark and the ceiling was about 25 metres high. The smell of the atmosphere stinked because only the bats lived there these days. Somewhere in the middle of the ceiling, there was a small circular hole through which light rays flowed at an angle. The place is identified as a granary where the vijayanagar kings stored the grains. A path took me to the corner of the room where I found the broken steps. I climbed them without knowing where they lead me. After sometime I saw the blue skies, I smelled fresh air and of course my body felt the heat. And this is the view that mesmerized me from there and I sat down despite the thermal disturbances. You can spot two of my friends whom I met there for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here.